Photos & Events
The following is a history of additions to our web site. Whenever we make
a major addition, change, or correction to a part of the Day Care for Exceptional Children
website, we'll post it here as well. The most recent changes are listed first, and each item is linked
to the page with the updated content.
May 13, 2004
- Again, updates are going on behind the scenes. Uploaded new photos to
the photo album pages.
January 8, 2004
- Just received and posted newsletter from September 2003.
November 15, 2003
- As always, changes are constantly being made to the staff pages and
calendars are updated as we receive them. If there's something that
you would like to see on this site, email
May 22, 2003
- Photos and staff changes made to staff pages.
- May/June Newsletter posted.
- Changed "no photo" graphic to a much less annoying one.
April 13, 2003
- We are working on getting new photos for the photo
- Calendar events added...still waiting on menus.
- Newsletter has been received and will be posted
January 18, 2003
- The discussion board has been reintroduced to
the website. The board now rests on our server and is fully
January 8, 2003
- Happy New Year!
- Menus are on their way once again, check back, as I should soon have time
to add them to the calendar.
- Updated staff positions.
- Added James Cahill as new administrator... His email is
December 9, 2002
- The update where I summarize what's been updated. :)
- Made numerous staff changes. Working on new delivery system for
photos. PictureTrail has discontinued their free hosting service, so we
will now host all pictures on our local server.
October 22, 2002
- Removed teacher opening.
- Removed fundraiser information.
- Cleaned up staff changes.
September 5, 2002
- Many staff changes have been made on the site in the past few weeks.
- Updated more fundraiser information.
- Added an opening for head cook at Woodland.
August 7, 2002
- Updated fundraiser info.
- The issues with daycareforexceptionalchildren.org and who owns the rights
to the name have been straightened out. Our website will remain
July 18, 2002
- Added info on the front page about our new discussion format. It's a
server hosted site which means we will have total control over the discussion
pages. All I need now are some volunteers to help me test it.
- Added pictures of refrigerator magnets and coupon book to
Fall Fundraiser page. Also added link and
blurb to front page.
July 13, 2002
- Made minor changes to calendar/menu pages. Added information for the
Fall Fundraiser. No link on main page
May 24, 2002
- Finished updating the calendar and menus. Also went through and
added ALT tags to nearly all images for compatibility with screen readers.
You may also notice that the links have turned into text links for better
compatibility with screen reading software. If you are using a screen
reader and still encounter problems, e-mail me at
May 23, 2002
- Summer has, well, sprung. Did an overhaul of staff pages updating
staff members. Also updated the board members page. Removed link
to Delphi chat server as we will soon be hosting our own message board.
Updated remainder of May menus.
April 12, 2002
- A few housekeeping tasks... Moved staff around. Again, a few
broken links remain...I'm working on them, but go ahead and
e-mail me if
you find some.
April 5, 2002
- I played an April Fools' joke on myself 4 days late today.
Accidently deleted about 75% of the website. Most should be up again,
but if you happen to encounter a dead link, please let me know by e-mailing
March 29, 2002
- Ok, It hasn't really been this long since the site's been updated.
Calendars are still being updated at or near the beginning of each month.
This means April is now online. It seems that summer updates will
continue on non-disrupted. Yay for us! We're also working on a new
discussion board that will actually be hosted on our own site. It will
require registration, but that information will stay secure since it's only
needed to access our web discussion. Look here for more updates.
Also, an announcement will be posted on the front page about volunteering for
the playground project.
January 19, 2002
- Calendar updated through February...January is put online.
January 14, 2002
- After a much needed break between semesters for our webmaster, he is back
and working again. Made a few cosmetic changes, updated calendar, and
updated staff directory. Hopefully in a few days the photo album will
also be updated.
December 13, 2001
- Wow...Lots of updates since last time, so
I'll basically summarize. I've updated the calendar pages. A new
section has been set up for Staff Only. To access this page, please
e-mail me at
November 28, 2001
- Now on new server. Thanks go out to Macecom.net for hosting us.
We now have much more space to expand and grow. Also, we now have many
more options for e-mail and other fun stuff like that. If you have any
questions, please e-mail me at
[email protected]. I'm also working on a
new forum for us. It will probably be hosted on our own server...is it a
definite thing? Not yet.
November 15, 2001
- We've now registered with a new web host. It should be coming online
soon. E-mail service may be sporadic in the next few days. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but hopefully this new server
will provide better services. In the mean time, if you wish to contact
me, please e-mail me at [email protected].
Also added a link on the pictures page to our online photo album. It can
be found at
thanks to Picturetrail for this
October 16, 2001
- Received the menus today and am in the process of updating them. The
months will come online as we work into the months...
October 15, 2001
- The mirror site for Day Care for Exceptional Children has been activated
due to the server problems. Please don't bookmark this site, however,
continue to visit http://www.DayCareforExceptionalChildren.org/.
Updated some link errors. Moved updates to a single page. Set up
online photo album, the album resides on a different server due to space
constraints. As of now, it is private, but will soon be released as
September 26, 2001
- Updated Staff page. Added a press
release and am waiting to scan some photos of
the Day Care Oscars and End of Summer Picnic. Our
Kids page has its first picture! Still trying to figure
out what is going on with the web server...we're working on it...
August 29, 2001
- Updated staff page. Currently working on updating the calendar
to provide a place for menus.
August 7, 2001
July 8, 2001
- Removed test discussion board. Official forum is now the
Delphi forum. You must register in order to post messages, but
you can enter as a guest to read messages. Please register to
become a member of this interactive community.
June 29, 2001
- Corrected link to Delphi on the discussion
page. Also, we're trying out a different discussion system that is
hosted on our web site. Please try both out and let me know how
June 27, 2001
- Day Care for Exceptional Children website now online. Testing has
begun with the Delphi message area.
June 7, 2001
- First version of the Day Care for Exceptional Children is
released privately. Public release to be announced soon!